Costs for Decks in Berkeley, CA
Looking at national averages and data can help a homeowner get a general idea of the cost of decks in Berkeley, but it will not get them an exact number. Berkeley decks costs will be affected due to labor rates, material costs, and any permits or licenses required. With that in mind figuring out a local average cost for decks in Berkeley is highly recommended before starting such a project.
In 2019 our data concluded that the amount homeowners paid for decks in the Alameda county ranged from $1,197.00 to $1,271.00.
Estimates for decks change from state to state and city to city. Below is listed what is usually included and what is usually not included in Berkeley decks estimates from local professionals.
Berkeley Decks Estimate Breakdown
- Average Berkeley hourly labor costs.
- Material costs ranging from $5.00 to $6.00 per square foot.
- Average miscellaneous costs for other materials and equipment rental in Berkeley.
- Unrecognized costs like surface preparation and cleanup fees.
Berkeley Decks Estimates Usually Don’t Account For
- California sales taxes for materials and related equipment.
- Required permits and building fees enforced by Berkeley law.
- General contractor, if used, fees for this project. These fees usually add another $148.08-$185.10 to Berkeley decks estimates.
It may be beneficial and strategic to compare the costs from cities surrounding the Berkeley area as well. Homeowners usually compare Berkeley decks with Decks around Alameda, CA, Albany, CA Decks and Decks around El Cerrito, CA in order to determine a better price range.
Last Update: Oct 14, 2018