Costs for Hardwood Flooring Refinishing in Iowa City, IA
Looking at national averages and data can help a homeowner get a general idea of the cost of hardwood flooring refinishing in Iowa City, but it will not get them an exact number. Iowa City hardwood flooring refinishing costs will be affected due to labor rates, material costs, and any permits or licenses required. With that in mind figuring out a local average cost for hardwood flooring refinishing in Iowa City is highly recommended before starting such a project.
In 2019 our data concluded that the amount homeowners paid for hardwood flooring refinishing in the Johnson county ranged from $3,925.00 to $4,279.00.
Estimates for hardwood flooring refinishing change from state to state and city to city. Below is listed what is usually included and what is usually not included in Iowa City hardwood flooring refinishing estimates from local professionals.
Iowa City Hardwood Flooring Refinishing Estimate Breakdown
- Average Iowa City hourly labor costs.
- Material costs ranging from $3.00 to $3.00 per square foot.
- Average miscellaneous costs for other materials and equipment rental in Iowa City.
- Unrecognized costs like surface preparation and cleanup fees.
Iowa City Hardwood Flooring Refinishing Estimates Usually Don’t Account For
- Iowa sales taxes for materials and related equipment.
- Required permits and building fees enforced by Iowa City law.
- General contractor, if used, fees for this project. These fees usually add another $492.24-$615.30 to Iowa City hardwood flooring refinishing estimates.
It may be beneficial and strategic to compare the costs from cities surrounding the Iowa City area as well. Homeowners usually compare Iowa City hardwood flooring refinishing with Coralville, IA Hardwood Flooring Refinishing and Hardwood Flooring Refinishing in North Liberty in order to determine a better price range.
Last Update: Jul 25, 2019