Costs for Hardwood Floors in Chicago, IL
Looking at national averages and data can help a homeowner get a general idea of the cost of hardwood floors in Chicago, but it will not get them an exact number. Chicago hardwood floors costs will be affected due to labor rates, material costs, and any permits or licenses required. With that in mind figuring out a local average cost for hardwood floors in Chicago is highly recommended before starting such a project.
In 2021 our data concluded that the amount homeowners paid for hardwood floors in the Cook county ranged from $10,655.00 to $13,172.00.
Estimates for hardwood floors change from state to state and city to city. Below is listed what is usually included and what is usually not included in Chicago hardwood floors estimates from local professionals.
Chicago Hardwood Floors Estimate Breakdown
- Average Chicago hourly labor costs.
- Material costs ranging from $8.00 to $10.00 per square foot.
- Average miscellaneous costs for other materials and equipment rental in Chicago.
- Unrecognized costs like surface preparation and cleanup fees.
Chicago Hardwood Floors Estimates Usually Don’t Account For
- Illinois sales taxes for materials and related equipment.
- Required permits and building fees enforced by Chicago law.
- General contractor, if used, fees for this project. These fees usually add another $1,429.56-$1,786.95 to Chicago hardwood floors estimates.
It may be beneficial and strategic to compare the costs from cities surrounding the Chicago area as well. Homeowners usually compare Chicago hardwood floors with Berwyn Hardwood Floors, Hardwood Floors near Bridgeview, IL and Broadview, IL Hardwood Floors in order to determine a better price range.
Last Update: Sep 20, 2021