Costs for House Painting in Birmingham, AL
Looking at national averages and data can help a homeowner get a general idea of the cost of house painting in Birmingham, but it will not get them an exact number. Birmingham house painting costs will be affected due to labor rates, material costs, and any permits or licenses required. With that in mind figuring out a local average cost for house painting in Birmingham is highly recommended before starting such a project.
In 2020 our data concluded that the amount homeowners paid for house painting in the Jefferson county ranged from $4,096.00 to $7,175.00.
Estimates for house painting change from state to state and city to city. Below is listed what is usually included and what is usually not included in Birmingham house painting estimates from local professionals.
Birmingham House Painting Estimate Breakdown
- Average Birmingham hourly labor costs.
- Material costs ranging from $2.00 to $4.00 per square foot.
- Average miscellaneous costs for other materials and equipment rental in Birmingham.
- Unrecognized costs like surface preparation and cleanup fees.
Birmingham House Painting Estimates Usually Don’t Account For
- Alabama sales taxes for materials and related equipment.
- Required permits and building fees enforced by Birmingham law.
- General contractor, if used, fees for this project. These fees usually add another $676.20-$845.25 to Birmingham house painting estimates.
It may be beneficial and strategic to compare the costs from cities surrounding the Birmingham area as well. Homeowners usually compare Birmingham house painting with House Painting in Fairfield, AL, House Painting in Fultondale, AL and House Painting in Gardendale, AL in order to determine a better price range.
Last Update: Aug 27, 2019