Costs for Roofing in Portsmouth, VA
Looking at national averages and data can help a homeowner get a general idea of the cost of roofing in Portsmouth, but it will not get them an exact number. Portsmouth roofing costs will be affected due to labor rates, material costs, and any permits or licenses required. With that in mind figuring out a local average cost for roofing in Portsmouth is highly recommended before starting such a project.
In 2017 our data concluded that the amount homeowners paid for roofing in the Portsmouth City county ranged from $5,542.00 to $7,037.00.
Estimates for roofing change from state to state and city to city. Below is listed what is usually included and what is usually not included in Portsmouth roofing estimates from local professionals.
Portsmouth Roofing Estimate Breakdown
- Average Portsmouth hourly labor costs.
- Material costs ranging from $5.00 to $7.00 per square foot.
- Average miscellaneous costs for other materials and equipment rental in Portsmouth.
- Unrecognized costs like surface preparation and cleanup fees.
Portsmouth Roofing Estimates Usually Don’t Account For
- Virginia sales taxes for materials and related equipment.
- Required permits and building fees enforced by Portsmouth law.
- General contractor, if used, fees for this project. These fees usually add another $754.68-$943.35 to Portsmouth roofing estimates.
It may be beneficial and strategic to compare the costs from cities surrounding the Portsmouth area as well. Homeowners usually compare Portsmouth roofing with Chesapeake, VA Roofing, Hampton, VA Roofing and Roofing around Newport News, VA in order to determine a better price range.
Last Update: Oct 19, 2017