Costs for Hardwood Floors in New York, NY
Looking at national averages and data can help a homeowner get a general idea of the cost of hardwood floors in New York, but it will not get them an exact number. New York hardwood floors costs will be affected due to labor rates, material costs, and any permits or licenses required. With that in mind figuring out a local average cost for hardwood floors in New York is highly recommended before starting such a project.
In 2021 our data concluded that the amount homeowners paid for hardwood floors in the New York county ranged from $10,772.00 to $13,244.00.
Estimates for hardwood floors change from state to state and city to city. Below is listed what is usually included and what is usually not included in New York hardwood floors estimates from local professionals.
New York Hardwood Floors Estimate Breakdown
- Average New York hourly labor costs.
- Material costs ranging from $8.00 to $11.00 per square foot.
- Average miscellaneous costs for other materials and equipment rental in New York.
- Unrecognized costs like surface preparation and cleanup fees.
New York Hardwood Floors Estimates Usually Don’t Account For
- New York sales taxes for materials and related equipment.
- Required permits and building fees enforced by New York law.
- General contractor, if used, fees for this project. These fees usually add another $1,440.96-$1,801.20 to New York hardwood floors estimates.
It may be beneficial and strategic to compare the costs from cities surrounding the New York area as well. Homeowners usually compare New York hardwood floors with Hardwood Floors near Bayonne, NJ, Carlstadt, NJ Hardwood Floors and Hardwood Floors around Cliffside Park, NJ in order to determine a better price range.
Last Update: Sep 26, 2021