Costs for Roofing in Philadelphia, PA
Looking at national averages and data can help a homeowner get a general idea of the cost of roofing in Philadelphia, but it will not get them an exact number. Philadelphia roofing costs will be affected due to labor rates, material costs, and any permits or licenses required. With that in mind figuring out a local average cost for roofing in Philadelphia is highly recommended before starting such a project.
In 2019 our data concluded that the amount homeowners paid for roofing in the Philadelphia county ranged from $5,661.00 to $7,329.00.
Estimates for roofing change from state to state and city to city. Below is listed what is usually included and what is usually not included in Philadelphia roofing estimates from local professionals.
Philadelphia Roofing Estimate Breakdown
- Average Philadelphia hourly labor costs.
- Material costs ranging from $5.00 to $7.00 per square foot.
- Average miscellaneous costs for other materials and equipment rental in Philadelphia.
- Unrecognized costs like surface preparation and cleanup fees.
Philadelphia Roofing Estimates Usually Don’t Account For
- Pennsylvania sales taxes for materials and related equipment.
- Required permits and building fees enforced by Philadelphia law.
- General contractor, if used, fees for this project. These fees usually add another $779.40-$974.25 to Philadelphia roofing estimates.
It may be beneficial and strategic to compare the costs from cities surrounding the Philadelphia area as well. Homeowners usually compare Philadelphia roofing with Audubon, NJ Roofing, Roofing near Barrington, NJ and Roofing near Bellmawr, NJ in order to determine a better price range.
Last Update: May 16, 2019